24/7 NURSE TRIAGE
To address workplace occupational injuries, Axiom Medical offers 24/7 Nurse Triage as a part of the Injury Case Management Services, administered by our in-house, medically licensed and OSHA trained professionals. 24/7 Nurse Triage ensures delivery of the best possible care for injured workers and reduces OSHA recordable outcomes. Due to the increasing demand for injury case management services, pre-claim nurse triage is on the rise.
Contact Us Today!
Axiom Medical Nurse Triage Overview:
With over 20-years of experience in the occupational health industry, Axiom Medical is changing the way workers’ injuries are managed. Our Nurse Triage is a part of the Incident Case Management service, which starts with 24/7 nationwide injury reporting.
For New Clients:
Tier-1 Triage Service:
Tier-1 includes Nurse Triage with 24/7 access to licensed medical professionals.
Tier-2 First Call Triage Limited Follow-up:
Tier 2 includes Nurse Triage and limited follow-up. An Axiom Medical registered nurse will follow-up with the injured worker within 24 hours to verify the injury is on an appropriate healing path.
Tier-3 First Call Triage RTW/WC:
Tier-3 is our all-in-one Nurse Triage program with everything from injury reporting, case management, and return to work program. Cases may be closed with adjuster assignment. Our First Call Telehealth ICM program comes with two upgrade options: Long-term Case Management, and Return to Work Program.
Importance of Nurse Triage:
Before the founding of OSHA 43 years ago, the estimated number of workplace injury deaths was 14,000 per year. With incident case management and nurse triage services, workplaces are much safer and healthier, with fewer workplace fatal injuries than before. The numbers per day have gone down from an average 38 fatal injuries to 12 per day.
Direct & Indirect Costs for Employers:
The average injury costs the employer $2,500 in doctor’s visits, medical bills, and prescription drugs – but that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Add up the indirect costs:
- Lost productivity
- Replacement hire training
- Insurance increases
- OSHA involvement
- Administrative and legal fees
If you do the math, a single employee’s $2,500 trip to the doctor turns into a $10,000 workers’ compensation expense for the employer. Having nurse triage will help employers:
- To create a safe work environment while offering quick healthcare access to an injured worker as soon as the injury is reported.
- Reduce the number of OSHA Recordable outcomes.
Benefits of 24/7 Nurse Triage Management:
As much as 24/7 Nurse Triage is helpful for employees, it is becoming more commonplace practice for employers aiming to reduce workplace injuries. 24/7 Call Center: Axiom Medical’s nationwide work injury call centers provide immediate access to care when it is needed most.
- Access to OSHA-trained Nurses: Specially OSHA trained nurses will be at the front-end of the process, making immediate medical decisions for the injured workers through telephonic conversations. Such a process positively impacts the employees’ medical care, reduces claim costs, and minimizes OSHA recordable outcomes.
- Reduced Workers Compensation Costs: Nurse triage has helped many commercial and public entities manage workplace injuries successfully while lowering the overall workers’ compensation costs by as much as 30 percent.
- Lower OSHA Recordables: Our service will help employers stay compliant while reducing the number of OSHA recordable outcomes, minimizing business productivity lost time.
- Eliminate Unnecessary Treatment: Axiom provides nurse triage to support the injury outcome, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Minutes after an employee is injured, your employee will speak to a licensed nurse who will assess the incident and review pertinent medical health history. The registered nurse will provide the employee with an appropriate treatment plan, based on the severity of their condition.
- Control Risk Outcomes: Over 65% of cases are managed internally with first aid measures, meaning the employee remains at the worksite and avoids the cost of going to a clinic altogether. Their path to recovery begins immediately, resulting in a lower risk of labor and business productivity costs. The sooner we intervene, the greater chance your employee will have an expedited return to work.
Should the injury require formal medical attention at a clinic, the Nurse Case Manager will make all the necessary arrangements and work closely with the medical provider to advocate for conservative care, keeping all parties up to date on the status with continuous reporting and follow-up.
In either scenario, the nurse will follow up with the employee and designated company representatives throughout the case to ensure best practice standards are being met and safe to return-to-work.
How We Partner In Your Patient Care?
Axiom Medical’s approach is always client-centric when partnering with an employer for nurse triage and injury care. In addition to 24/7 nationwide access to licensed medical professionals, our nurse triage case managers will guide your employees from the time of injury reporting to their return-to-work. Our team goes beyond the conventional route to provide employees and employers with care on time with unprecedented single-point-of-contact management. We work closely with both employers and employees to manage the entire process.
What Sets Us Apart From Our Competitors?
- Immediate access to care
- Early diagnosis of a medical condition
- 24/7 access to medically trained, licensed medical professionals
- Assistance with referral, should a higher level of care be warranted
- Custom-tailored recovery plan
- Return to work facilitation
- Network healthcare provider oversight
They Said It!
I believe with confidence that we are reaching all of our expected goals by bringing Axiom on as an outsourced case management solution.
Axiom has helped us closely monitor the injured employee’s progress through the medical treatment process. Early treatment has kept our employees at work when in the past they would have likely taken time off or been placed off by a physician.
I recommend Axiom because their Nurse Case Management Team is their biggest asset. They are accessible, give great reports and are responsive to our needs.