Key Takeaways: President’s Executive Order on Protecting Worker Health and Safety
- No later than February 4, 2021, the Secretary of Labor shall issue revised guidance to employers on workplace safety during the pandemic.
- The Secretary of Labor shall consider if emergency temporary standards on COVID-19 are necessary and if so, issue them by March 15, 2021.
- Identify short, medium, and long term changes required to OSHA enforcement efforts related to COVID-19.
- Launch a national program to focus on OSHA enforcement efforts related to COVID-19 that put the largest number of employees at risk.
- Multilingual outreach to employees at risk.
- Coordinate with state plans to ensure they have standards meeting the above requirements.
Read more about President Biden’s New COVID-19 Response Program here.
Axiom Medical understands the severity of this global pandemic. We will help organizations to combat this national healthcare crisis by implementing the new COVID-19 Response Program and strategies. Our workplace COVID-19 safety program includes mass testing, onsite COVID-19 testing, mobile labs, screening programs such as CRIA (Contagious Respiratory Illness Assessment), and CheckIn2Work and CheckIn2School. We can help you keep your workplace and workforce safe from COVID-19.
Are you looking for more information? Click the below button to talk to an Axiom Medical professional!
Originally brought on as a part time consultant, Chuck now leads the legal and human resources departments for Axiom Medical. For over 20 years, Chuck has been advising businesses on strategies to mitigate risk, while maximizing growth. With deep and broad experience in healthcare, and a forward-looking approach to strategic risk taking, Chuck ensures that Axiom Medical remains on the cutting edge of occupational health.