TV & FILM
Axiom Medical’s science-based, multi-layered approach has protected the cast and crew of TV and film productions across the United States and internationally. We provide cutting-edge screening technology, rapid turnaround testing, medical case management, and health and safety staffing.
Axiom Medical provides preventive medicine and public health expertise to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases in the workplace. Our services are consistent with the workplace safety regulations and guidelines outlined by:
- The Directors Guild of America (DGA)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE)
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
- Basic Crafts
- Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA).
Our team follows all required procedural standards to ensure the safety of your workforce.
Axiom Medical’s TV & Film Production Industry-Specific Services:
ONSITE MOBILE TESTING
Axiom Medical’s mobile testing and lab offer a variety of onsite Services and wellness solutions to protext your workforce and worksite
CONTAGIOUS RESPIRATORY ILLNESS ASSESSMENT
Contagious Respiratory Illness Assessment helps businesses with employee screening for respiratory illness symptoms
Our CheckIn2Work app delivers quick and easy self-service attestation for employers needing to pre-screen employees
Zoned Testing – Mobile Labs:
Axiom Medical offers a variety of testing options to meet your COVID-19 zoned testing needs. We provide both PCR swab and antigen testing, delivering rapid turnaround results with actionable alerts. Deploying dedicated nurse testers, both onsite and concierge testing, are available for your cast and crew for the length of your production.
Our zoned testing include:
- Assigning medical personnel to designated posts
- Gathering biological material for transport to the testing lab
- Collecting/maintaining all related documentation
- Receives confidential testing results
- Responsible for notification of positive COVID-19 test results
Daily Health Screening CheckIn2Work App:
Axiom’s cutting-edge CheckIn2Work app is a first of its kind technology, providing workplace point-of-entry protection. The app delivers a quick and easy self-service health attestation for production organizations, prescreening cast and crew daily for potentially infectious or contagious conditions before allowing access to the workplace. The mobile app also offers agent mode, should onsite screening be needed.
Medical Case Management & Contact Tracing:
Under the direction of Axiom’s highly credentialed Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Scott Cherry, who is board-certified in Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Occupational and Environmental Medicine and a distinguished Fellow in the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Axiom Medical provides:
- Health support, including medical monitoring of ill or exposed cast and crew
- Contact tracing with an investigation, tracing support, and isolation of those who may have been exposed
- 24/7 telephonic access to licensed medical professionals
- Facilitation of return-to-work clearances, once affected cast and crew have recovered
- Ongoing education and best practices to reduce the spread of illness in the workplace
Health Safety Supervisor (HSS) Compliance Support:
Axiom provides experienced Health Safety Supervisors (HSS) who ensure compliance with all health and safety guidelines, including:
- Monitoring cast, crew, catering, and craft services for compliance with zone protocols
- Assessment of ventilation, air filtration, circulation, disinfection of surfaces, property, equipment, and tools
- Coordinates placement of handwashing, sanitizing, and disinfection stations and medical posts
- Provides instruction at daily safety meetings
Production Staffing Resources:
Based on the size of your production, Axiom Medical has multiple staffing roles to meet your needs.
- Health Safety Supervisors/COVID Compliance Officer
- Health Safety Managers
- Health Safety Assistants
- Health Safety Scouting Supervisors/Specialists
- Nurse Testers
- Client Services Manager/Production Client Liaison
- Sanitation Sourcing
- Personal Protective Equipment Sourcing
How Can Axiom Medical Help TV and Film Production Industries?
We always follow a science-based and multi-layered approach when it comes to workplace safety. Our Workplace COVID-19 Testing and Prevention Program is designed to help the cast and crew in the film production industry.
We strictly follow:
- CDPH, CDC Guidance for testing and tracing protocols
- Cal-OSHA Guidelines
- Revised record keeping and reporting procedures to help you stay compliant
- Flexible models to minimize workplace outbreaks
- Post-visual guidance for the cast and crew
Our Services focus on:
Robust Infection Prevention & Control Protocols
Our team will review your current production protocols, plan, and implement new policies and programs to align with OSHA’s guidelines. Our science-based approach is designed to provide prudent measures of risk mitigation at the workplace. From enhanced disinfection procedures to zoned testing and case management, Axiom Medical will oversee everything to help you protect your cast and crew.
COVID-19 Production Onsite and Offsite Support
With our mobile labs, we can accommodate production and field support of any size. We offer onsite and at-home test kits for easy, non-invasive COVID-19 testing.
Training and Educational Sessions
Axiom Medical provides training and educational sessions for CheckIn2Work, Onsite testing, and other workplace safety management and protocols to help employers managing workforces’ health. Besides, our health and safety supervisors, COVID-19 testers, and case managers will always assist onsite during production hours.
From location-specific testing to workplace safety, our team does everything to keep your TV and film production staff safe. Additionally, our team closely monitors the new updates and developments by OSHA to keep your staff up-to-date and safe.
What Type of Health Protocols Apply When Filming On-Location?
Filmmakers in California are required to comply with both Cal-OSHA and the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s safety and health protocols outlined in the Health Order released in 2020. Similarly, all film production companies in other states should stay compliant by following the updated and amended orders and guidelines. Current orders and regulations require production companies to use workplace social distancing, use of protective equipment, and COVID-19 testing with workplace sanitation regularly. However, these protocols do not limit the size of productions based on the number of crew members.
Who Enforces Health Protocols on Set?
Cal-OSHA and local authorities enforce health protocols for TV and film production on set. According to the newest regulations by Cal-OSHA and COVID-19 regulations by local health authorities, every production company should have a COVID-19 Compliance Officer (COC) on the set to monitor and help with the onsite testing and management. The COC should also be responsible for verifying and implementing appropriate onsite safety and infection management protocols and guidelines to keep both cast and crew safe while adhering to the County Public Health safety and infection guidelines.
Are you interested to learn more? Contact us today!
They Said It!
I believe with confidence that we are reaching all of our expected goals by bringing Axiom on as an outsourced case management solution.
Axiom has helped us closely monitor the injured employee’s progress through the medical treatment process. Early treatment has kept our employees at work when in the past they would have likely taken time off or been placed off by a physician.
I recommend Axiom because their Nurse Case Management Team is their biggest asset. They are accessible, give great reports and are responsive to our needs.
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST WHITE PAPER
THE COVID-19 VACCINE GUIDE FOR EMPLOYERS
Here’s what you need to know.