CASINO & GAMING
CASINO & GAMING
With over 20+ years of experience in total employee health and wellness programs, Axiom Medical can assist employers in the casino and gaming industry with Workplace COVID-19 Response Program and Testing.
Casino and gaming industry employees are at high risk for viral and infectious disease exposure. Even the customers who enjoy the casino environment may be at risk for such contagious diseases, such as coronavirus or influenza.
Casinos, conferences and gaming environments often have poor ventilation because of their unique infrastructure. That, again, puts the employees and patrons at risk of contracting infections.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on the casino, conference and gaming sector. This industry, in particular, felt the drastic effects of this situation when businesses were shut abruptly without a specific reopening plan. To keep employees safe at the workplace, OSHA and CDC released a set of workplace infection control guidelines by the end of 2020. This approach emphasized the requirements for workplace entry, workplace safety, and day-to-day activity in a casino and gaming environment. Based on the new guidelines, CDC categorized the risk levels in casinos. Here is an overview.
Risk Level in Casino and Gaming Industry:
As per the guidelines, the lower the individual interactions inside a casino, the lower the risk of infectious disease spread. The risk levels in a casino or gaming setting are as follows:
Online gaming activities or other formats available via virtual gaming platforms are considered the lowest risk.
Casinos that are open with limited seating/gaming with socially distanced machines and tables fall into this category. In this case, casinos limit the activities to gaming machines and similar equipment.
- In most cases, dealers are not present at the tables.
- Casinos disinfect the machines and equipment between uses and maintain social distance at all the time.
- Customers remain spaced at least 6 ft apart while seated or standing.
- No sharing of gaming equipment, machine, or material is allowed.
Casinos that are open with limitations and follow social distancing yet offer dealer-led tables allowing multiple players simultaneously. In this case, casinos:
- Space out customers at least 6 ft apart
- Disinfect machines and equipment between uses
- Offer game tables that require a dealer and allow multiple players, but the number of players is limited
Casino businesses that offer a full-fledged gaming platform and are open at a full capacity are at the highest risk. In this case, casinos allow:
- Games that require a dealer and allow multiple players at the same time
- Sharing of a gaming machine, material, and equipment
- Individual to remain seated at 6 ft apart
- Strict disinfect schedule
How will an Infection Control Program Help Casinos?
Working with a third-party medical service provider like Axiom Medical with expertise in preventative medicine, public health, and independent infectious disease medical management will help casino and gaming industries to implement action-based infection control programs to avoid a mass infection breakout at their workplace.
The multi-layered infection control program will focus on:
- Aggressive testing through onsite services and at-home rapid and PCR test kits
- Safety training for the employees (dealers, managers, floor employees, etc.)
- Strict adherence to social distancing as per the CDC’s and OSHA’s workplace guidelines
- Development of a robust infection control plan, led by an autonomous
- Safety Compliance Officer
- Daily health screening through
- CheckIn2Work for employees before admittance to the casino
- Detailed contagious illness/infection assessment when flagged in the initial screening
- End-to-end case management starting when a positive case is detected till a negative test with a return-to-work clearance
Axiom Medical COVID-19 Response Program and Testing:
With over 20+ years of experience in total employee health and wellness programs, Axiom Medical can assist employers in the casino and gaming industry with Workplace COVID-19 Response Program and Testing. We offer mobile labs with the capability of mass testing at your workplace or special events. In addition, our testing options range from appropriate lab recommendations, at-home testing, or White Glove testing as requested by the clients.
Axiom Medical COVID-19 Workplace Vaccine Program:
Since the COVID-19 vaccine is essential to get back to pre-pandemic normalcy in the workplace, getting your workforce vaccinated has become an enticing prospect for many employers. As many questions on vaccine safety, distribution, and availability arise, employers can partner with an experienced third-party healthcare service provider like Axiom Medical to educate their employees and help them understand the importance of taking appropriate vaccines. Axiom Medical now offers a workplace COVID-19 vaccine program.
INFECTION CONTROL PROGRAM
Axiom Medical now offers a fully customized infection control plan with a consistent focus on workplace safety and occupational infection prevention.
COVID-19 VACCINE PROGRAM
As a part of Axiom Medical’s new employee COVID-19 vaccine program, we offer employers and their employees’ easy access to the coronavirus vaccine at the workplace.
Our CheckIn2Work app delivers quick and easy self-service attestation for employers needing to pre-screen employees
Axiom Medical Can Help!
Keep your casino and gaming industry workforce and workplace healthy by preventing workplace spread and making COVID-19 vaccination a part of your employee wellness program. Axiom Medical now offers industry-specific programs, including risk mitigation and COVID-19 Infection Control Program to reduce workplace risks.
Call us today and let our experts help you!
They Said It!
I believe with confidence that we are reaching all of our expected goals by bringing Axiom on as an outsourced case management solution.
Axiom has helped us closely monitor the injured employee’s progress through the medical treatment process. Early treatment has kept our employees at work when in the past they would have likely taken time off or been placed off by a physician.
I recommend Axiom because their Nurse Case Management Team is their biggest asset. They are accessible, give great reports and are responsive to our needs.