Get excited! OSHA’s Safe + Sound Week is August 12-18, 2019!
Safe + Sound Week is a nationwide event held each August that recognizes the successes of workplace health and safety programs and offers information and ideas on how to keep America’s workers safe.
Successful safety and health programs can proactively identify and manage workplace hazards before they cause injury or illness, improving sustainability and the bottom line. Participating in Safe + Sound Week can help get your program started, energize an existing one, or provide a chance to recognize your safety successes.
All organizations looking for an opportunity to recognize their commitment to safety are welcome to participate. Last year, more than 2,700 businesses helped to raise awareness about workers’ health and safety!
The goal of OSHA’s annual event is to encourage employers to implement workplace safety initiatives as well as highlight workers’ contributions to improving safety.
How it Works
OSHA explains participating is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Sign Up to Participate – Let them know your organization is participating this year by registering at https://www.osha.gov/safeandsoundweek/#register
- Plan and Promote Your Events – Identify activities and events to plan and promote for your workplace or community.
- Recognize Your Participation – After you have completed your events, you can download a certificate and virtual challenge coin to recognize your organization.
Looking for Ideas?
Want to participate, but struggling with planning/promotional ideas? Try these:
- Hold a demonstration on the proper use of safety equipment
- Offer opportunities for employees to share “what safety means to me” in the workplace
- Offer “on the spot” recognition of employee participation
- Host trivia sessions on how well employees know safety and health practices
- Offer training on safety and health in your workplace