Are you fully vaccinated and wondering whether or not to wear a mask in public? Here is what the CDC’s new mask policy post-vaccination has to say.
CDC’s New Mask Policy Post-Vaccination:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) unveiled its newest and most up-to-date mask guidelines last week. While creating a stir with experts having a divided view and generating mandate debate, the policy primarily details activities vaccinated people can safely resume indoors, mask-free. Experts continue to urge the use of face coverings within public indoor environments and crowded outdoor spaces.
What Does The Guidance Have To Say?
The new mask policy boils down to this:
Fully vaccinated individuals can now unmask:
- At an outdoor gathering with limited unvaccinated participants
- At an outdoor meeting with fully vaccinated friends and family
- When dining outside with friends from multiple households
- While performing outdoor activities, including but not limited to walking, running, jogging, and biking
Fully vaccinated individuals must wear a mask:
- When attending a crowded, outdoor event
- When at live performance theaters, stadiums, and sports event
- While attending events in crowded indoor public settings
Prior CDC mask guidance did not enforce wearing masks when outside by yourself, away from others, or visiting outdoors with people who live in your household. However, the newest policy highly recommends unvaccinated people continue to wear a mask at such gatherings. The CDC also advises individuals to abide by any state or county-enforced mask mandates, while out in public.
Axiom Medical Can Help!
Does your organization need employee vaccination program and COVID-19 Response Program? Axiom Medical can help. With our competent OnSite testing and vaccination program, we can help your organization with workplace COVID-19 needs. Contact us today to learn more!