Long-Term Case Management
Axiom Medical’s long-term case management services are designed to assist those employees requiring extended-term care. Our case managers work closely with the employee, treating physician, and employer to develop an appropriate care plan to aid in the recovery progression. When you choose Axiom as a strategic partner for your long-term injury case management process, your company can substantially reduce your workers’ comp and disability claims.
Speak with an Expert
Want to learn more?
Can't wait? Call us today!
(877) 502-9466 | (281) 419-7063
Axiom Medical’s Long-Term Case Management:
Axiom long-term injury and disability case managers are qualified licensed medical professionals, experienced in the case and claims management and proficient in workers’ compensation regulations. We understand the need to maintain a balance between employer goals, employee health needs, and a physician’s ability to provide quality healthcare. Our team of case managers remains in contact with the injured or ill worker, the treatment provider, and the worksite to ensure appropriate treatment and care is delivered to coordinate the return to work process.
Our long-term case management focuses on:
- Disability case management
- Long-term care
- Return to work process
- Recovery progression
- Long-term health administration involving program management
- Medical assessment and monitoring of the injured or ill employee.
- Ensure that recommendations are medically appropriate, necessary, and cost-effective
- Aggressively coordinate, monitor, and manage every aspect of the injured or ill worker’s treatment plan to ensure recommendations are effectively delivered
- Assist in the design of light-duty, alternative work, and other programs that minimize indemnity exposure and maximize cost control
- Evaluate the rehabilitation needs of the injured worker
- Cost containment
- Reduction in lost time/days away from work
- Reduction in administrative workload
- Constant communication with all appropriate parties
What is Long-Term Case Management?
Injury case management is an occupational-health administrative service designed for managing workplace injury and controlling costs while improving the quality and delivery of healthcare services for the workforce. Long-term care case management is a service expansion of the traditional workplace occupational health service that focuses on claims management and assists injured or ill employees requiring extended long-term care before their return to work.
What Does a Long-Term Case Manager Do?
A long-term case manager oversees the provision of ongoing care services to individual employees needing extended medical attention after an injury or illness. The case manager will maintain the day-to-day operations, employee medication reviews, and act as a communicator between the employer and the medical provider while ensuring quality care is delivered.