Nurse Educator - Sandy, UT
The Nurse Educator will be responsible for the provision of nursing orientation and teaching based on perceived needs as it relates to case management, workers compensation and OSHA. This position will plan, develop, implement and evaluate clinical training curricula supporting both new and continuing education needs for nursing personnel. This position will report to Professional Development, but will have a key relationship with Operations. This position requires high level critical thinking, highly articulate written and verbal communication, and comfort with public speaking in a training setting.
REQUIRED TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Internet Software
- Spreadsheet Software (Excel)
- Word Processing Software (Word)
- Electronic Mail Software (Outlook)
- Presentation software (PowerPoint) and databases.
- Possess highly competent knowledge and capability of computer skills with focus on Microsoft Suite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and initiates clinical/case management development programs within the parameters set by Chief Medical Officer, Operations and Professional Development.
- Monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with Best Practice Guidelines, evidenced base practice and national standards.
- Knowledge of adult learning styles and ability to customize presentation of training to various learning styles will be essential.
- Assist the Professional Development department in developing training objectives and clinical training materials for Nurse Case Managers.
- Assist the Technical Trainer in maintaining the resource library for Nurse Case Managers for Professional Development department.
- The successful candidate will become a Subject Matter Expert of Axiom’s unique style of injury management.
- Communicate and present materials effectively (both written and verbal) to small and large groups.
- Work effectively at all levels (using highly developed interpersonal skills) in a collaborative team environment.
- Act as general resource for nursing personnel
- Travel will generally not be required at this point, but travel requirements may change.
- Assist Professional Development department with scheduling classes and equipment.
- The successful candidate must collaborate with multiple departments.
- Be available for other duties and responsibilities, not mentioned above, that provide support to Axiom and our clients.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics: Upholds Axiom’s Mission, Vision, and Values; Treats all people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate concern with professionalism for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers. Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Quality: The ability to take responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it. Uses analytical skills to collect and research data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Foster Teamwork: As a team member, you must have the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Innovation/ Change Management: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies. Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Self Confidence: Faith in one’s own ideas and capability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition while maintaining humility if and when your proposed course of action is not the chosen one.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- RN in good standing. BSN or MSN preferred. Specialty certification that benefits Axiom, preferred (CCM, COHN, CNE)
- 5+ years of training experience in either a clinical or academic setting.
- Experience in documenting procedures required.
- Experience in presenting training programs required.
- Experience in health and/or computer systems training strongly preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess a general knowledge and capability of computer skills with focus on Microsoft Suite.
Axiom's corporate office is located in The Woodlands, TX, just north of Houston. You would be required to travel to this office for your initial two to four weeks of training and onboarding so we may accumulate to our culture, introduce you to your fellow nurses, and provide background information for each and every department so that you fully understand how everyone works together towards Axiom’s goals. All travel would be paid for and arranged by Axiom. Accommodations may be made for at least one to two trips home during the weekends during this time.